A Tale of Two Wedding Styles with Sam Sarkis and Ray Anthony Iavasile
A. Introductions (Ray and Sam will ask each other the following questions)
1. How did we get into wedding photography and why did we decide to do so? When did we photograph our first wedding? What do you remember about that first wedding and what has changed in your equipment, your style from then until now?
2. Define your current style of wedding photography: Classic Portrait Artistry (Sam) and Wedding Photojournalism (Ray)
3. Show a highlight slideshow from each photographer.
B. Deciding to specialize in one style, why or why not?
C. Discuss preparation for a wedding day: prepping the wedding couple, what kind of equipment, including second shooter and assistants.
D. Breaking down a complete wedding from each perspective (sample photographs are shown from a single wedding from each photographer)
1. Start of the wedding day, getting ready
2. Arriving at the ceremony location
3. The ceremony
4. Between the ceremony and reception
5. Cocktail hour
6. Opening of wedding reception through formal dance
7. End of reception
E. Q&A between Ray and Sam asking each other questions about ten favorite photos each
F. Working together at a wedding with a couple wanting both styles (show slideshow of the wedding we did last February together)
G. Q&A from audience
About the Photographers:
Sam Sarkis and Ray Anthony Iavasile have photographed weddings in Metro Detroit and destinations around the country since the 1990’s. Both are accomplished, award winning photographers in the luxury wedding market, having built their successful business brands, Sam Sarkis Photography and Ray Anthony Photography. Despite the potential conflict of competing for each others inquiring wedding couples, they have shared a showroom in Birmingham, Michigan without issue. They have a mutual admiration and respect for one another as professional wedding photographers due to the high quality of work each has produced over the years. Each is a master of their own individual style which are completely opposite and different from one another. Sam has earned the Master Photographer status with the Professional Photographers of America. Ray repeatedly is awarded internationally as one of the top wedding photojournalists in the world by the Wedding Photojournalists Association.